Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What did you say?

Oh the vocabulary of a sweet two-year old. 

As Lauren continues to learn new words and phrases, Bryon and I are amazed at the things that come out of her mouth.  Here is just a sample of Lauren's deep thoughts and their translations. 

"Mama.  Me and the bed are all done" =
My 12 hours of sleep has ended and so has your peace and quiet

"Cookie Monster make it rain" = ???

"Opus ate me" =
Opus the cat got within 5 feet of me and I need someone to tattle on

"Mama is that your new purse? I love it" =
I want a cookie (and flattery gets you everywhere)

"Don't touch my Follie Lollies" =
Don't touch my cheerleading Pom Poms

"I be good" =
I'm about to do something bad

"I be careful" =
 I'm about to do something bad AND hurt myself

"Is that your beer?" =
You are drinking something out of a can (and after a long, hot Summer for the parents I'm knowledgable about beer consumption) 

"I want just ONE Dora" =
I'm going to watch endless episodes of Dora the Explorer until my parents poke their eyes out

"Turn it off" =
Turn it on (and vica versa which is very confusing to the parents)

"I love you"=
All previous statements and actions are forgiven

 

No comments:

Post a Comment