Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When at Home...Go Shopping


After 5 weeks at home, us girls decided its time we start acting like the stay-at-home "ladies of leisure" that we deserve to be. Life is just too short to stay home and write thanks you's! Rumor has it that new parents spend a lot of time walking around the shopping mall. So off we went to join all of the other moms and babes in strollers.

First our day started with a long (luke warm) shower...


As hot as it is outside, we traded in our frilly shopping dresses for cargo shorts (or in my case more like capri pants)!



Then it was off to get pedicures (Okay, Lauren slept through the entire thing but at least her Mom got her toes painted).



Everyone needs a new hat!



And a new party dress



We finished off our perfect shopping trip by sharing a bottle of formula in the food court and then headed home for a long afternoon nap.

Its good to be a lady!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sydney - I am so thrilled for you and Lauren is just beautiful. I'm bummed that I missed your shower at work, but we were on vacation in Minnesota that week. I'm so glad that you had a good time. I can't wait to meet that sweet little girl in person!

    Kerri O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on her this weekend!!! She's changing so much! I'm glad you enjoyed a ladies day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami and I were looking at the photo of you getting a pedicure aghast! Well done, you! Fearless!

    ReplyDelete