Friday, November 19, 2010

An Angel Among Us

Oh the Christmas stocking! For many its just a decoration to adorn the fireplace, or for others a place to stash one's holiday lewt. But for me and my family, its a sacred item that makes Christmas such a special time of year.

You see having my birthday on December 21, I was actually brought home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking made for me by some very special ladies. And on December 25, my parents carefully placed me under the tree in the exact same stocking I hang today. Whether joyful, sorrowful or memorable that stocking has followed me through 39 Christmas holidays. Yikes!

So you can see why Bryon and I felt so much pressure to find the PERFECT stocking for our new baby Lauren. After scouring many, many, many websites we just couldn't find the stocking that was good enough to follow her through an entire lifetime. It had to be really special.

Fast forward one week and I find out from my dear friend Kristen that her Aunt Nancy has been following our blog and made a very special Christmas gift for Lauren. Surprise!


How could she have known that Lauren might go without a stocking on her very first Christmas? And what a special lady for taking the time to make such a memorable gift for someone she's never met. I'll tell you who...Lauren's Christmas Angel.

Thank you so much for the wonderful gift Nancy. I'm sure that Lauren will cherish it for many years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas baby Lauren and Thomas Family!
    HUGS!!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete