Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gettin' Crazy down in Texas




My what a difference a week makes. This time last week Bryon and I were preparing for a 4th of July weekend full of parties, friends and family. Little did we know that in just a few short days our family would grow to include its newest member, Lauren. Now we sleep 3 hours instead of 8, and have taken a greater interest in baby formula than wine (well that might be a stretch). Yes it's true...we have become "those people" and we are LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Yesterday we got Lauren all geared up for the hotel happy hour at 5:30. This was our BIG outing for the day and we were so excited to show her off. She made a huge impression even though we were the only three people who attended the event!

Today we took her to the local pediatrician for her 3-day check-up. As expected she is doing great and has already gained 5 ounces!

Despite being stuck in Texas until further notice, the three of us are so enjoying our quiet time together. We sleep, eat, stare at her, sleep, eat and stare at her some more.

I have spoken with our birthmother twice since we said our tearful good-byes. Her and the birthfather made such an impact on Bryon and I, and its hard knowing they are just down the road. She called to check on Lauren of course, but to also tell us how happy they were that we could share this journey together. This adoption has truly been the greatest gift ever, and even when we leave Texas for good...our hearts will be forever bound by Lauren.

Tomorrow's agenda: Sleep, eat, and stare at Lauren.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the 3 of you! I am soooo happy for you guys - my heart is bursting with happiness and I keep tearing up at how amazing it all is. I can't wait until you get back so I can give you a big hug and get my hands on beautiful Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of her cute outfits! I still think she is adorable. Hope you guys are doing great! Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, I am so happy for all three of you! You guys look so wonderful! Lauren is just a little Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete